Call for Proposal
IEEE R10 Humanitarian Sustainable Project & Volunteer Training Support Fund-2023
IEEE R10 Humanitarian Sustainable Project & Volunteering Training Support Fund 2023 Grants Program is a way for the IEEE R10 Humanitarian Technology Activity Committee to support Sustainable Projects and Volunteer Training for worthwhile activities based on an application process.
We particularly want to support activities that provide specific value to members and/or outreach to the wider community.
The following are the categories for support:
- Online Workshop towards humanitarian technology project design and event organization,
- Discussion/training on any of the UN SDGs,
- Humanitarian Technology tracks in Regional and Global Humanitarian Technology Conference/Events
- Workshops / Project Exhibition organized in collaboration with IEEE local OU. It can be either Section, SAC, YP, WIE, LMAG, SIGHT or PAC conducting the activity, or even the Industry Liaison Committee, Membership Development, etc.
Scope of Proposals
All proposed project / events should meet the Mission and Goals of IEEE R10 HTA
Section / Student Branch SIGHT Group Chair, Section Chair
- Each Group can submit one proposal
- All submissions require an endorsement from the Section Chair
- Section is encouraged to coordinate with SIGHT groups in their section to comprehensively and strategically propose Humanitarian activities.
Basis of Selection
The Proposals submitted should include a brief overview of the project to be conducted along with the impact of the project. A proposed date, program and the expected number of participants should be included in the proposal. The proposal format should follow the template provided.
The proposals will be judged according to the following:
- Nature of the proposed activity and its objectives
- The quality of the proposed program
- Impact – a description of how the planned activity can benefit SIGHT group, Section and/or society
- Metrics to measure its success
- Scope for scalability and continuity of the initiative/activity
- Initiatives towards the active and the new SIGHT group formation in the OUs.
Amount of Funds
A maximum of 500 USD
- Please itemize all expenses in US dollars only (please do not use local currency in the proposal).
- Individual travel expenses (of any kind) will not be approved.
[Mandatory requirement] Policy of Section Matching Fund:
All proposals should adhere to the IEEE Region 10 Matching Fund Policy. When we support an activity in a large section, R10 HTA supports only equal or less than 50% of total expenses. The remaining funds will have to be supported by the section and/or other sources of funding. If it is a medium section, the support is up to 70% and for a small section, it is 90%.
- Submission deadline: 15 June 2023
- Acceptance notification: 26 June 2023
- Duration given to organize projects/events: 1 July – 15 November 2023
Any project/event has to be completed on or before 15 November 2023.
- If the special funding request has been initially approved, the SIGHT Group or Section must submit an activity report with details on the use of funds within one month after the conclusion of the activity. The final date to submit all reports is 25 Nov 2023.
- Submit your completed financial report form with copies of supporting invoices/receipts. Funding payments will be transferred to the corresponding IEEE Section after receiving all reports. R10 will NOT transfer funds if the full activity and finance (income & expense) reports are not submitted on time.
- The activity report may be published in the IEEE R10 Newsletter, R10 HTA website and/or social media platforms. Activity report should include .JPG image files (and not embedded in the report) and a one-page write-up (Word format) on the activity.
Proposal submission form (Download)
Kindly download below given application form, from below links and submit the application to email,
Please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com