The IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Activities Committee in collaboration with AISYWLC’22 is organizing “HTA Impact Congress” in which HTA is going to recognize the importance of humanitarian project design skills for new initiatives and new technology adopters. This recognition develops and encourages R10 Sections to support and contribute in the Humanitarian Technology areas. This R10 HTA Highlights Video Contest offers all IEEE R10 members, especially the SIGHT members, an opportunity to exercise and improve both project design and visual presentation skills in a concise manner suitable for a wider audience to showcase the good quality of their designed projects at regional level.
Jigyasa Bharti – email@example.com
The R10 HTA Highlights Video Contest aims to encourage SIGHT members to showcase the good quality of their designed projects at regional level. The theme for our contest is “ Glimpses of Humanitarian Activities”. The top three listed videos will be uploaded on R10 HTA website for experience sharing and as examples to motivate IEEE members to conduct HT activities.
- Open to all active IEEE Members, especially for SIGHT members.
- The contest is open only to IEEE Members (including Student Members) in Region 10. The video may be on any humanitarian technology oriented projects/events related to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals （SDGs)in the field of interest of IEEE.
- Participants in the contest can be:
- Individual (must be an active IEEE member);
- Team based. Number of team members is limited to 3. All correspondence will be through the team leader who must be an active IEEE member.
- Submission can be associated with any previous approved IEEE HAC/R10 HTA supported project /event, or just the on-going project/event.
- The video must be original and must not contain plagiarized material.
- Maximum 5-minute video should be submitted associated with a correctly completed submission form. Any submission that is more than 5 minutes will be disqualified.
Important: The video must NOT contain any offensive material or any copyrighted material.
- The duly completed, endorsed, and declared Entry Form should be submitted.
- Video should be uploaded before submission. Only publicly accessible links are accepted and the links to access the video must be provided in the Entry Form along with other entry details. Please download the Entry form https://bit.ly/3LsSAljform1
- Video must not exceed 5 minutes. Guidelines are suggested for the Video duration could be found here. Video title should be in English, and the format should be in the form of “R10 HTA Highlights Video_individual name_Section name_Submission Video Title.” The video must NOT contain any offensive material or any copyrighted material.
- The submission must be endorsed by Section/Subsection/Council/Chapter Chair or HTA Chair or SIGHT Chair, by signing the endorsement section of the Entry Form
- The submission should be declared by all the contributors of the project by signing the declaration section of the entry form.
- A panel of judges will assess the videos for the technical content, innovation, impacts, goal, practical implementation and overall presentation.
- The judging panel will represent a cross section of various disciplines within the IEEE with good Humanitarian projects background. A member of the judging panel may not evaluate a project video from his/her own Section or educational institute. Judging panel members must declare any possible conflicts of interest when evaluating a video.
- The decision by the judging panel, as accepted by the R10 Director, will be the final decision and no appeal against the decision will be entertained.
- Presentation (20%)
- Title Page (Creativity and design)
- Clarity and quality of video
- Grammar, spelling, tone, use of voice and choice of words
- Subject Matter Evaluation (80%)
- Objective description and community need identification
- Project Design and technical presentations
- Sustainability, financial analysis
- Social return on investment
- Regional Representative
- Winners will be awarded with E- Certificates and Goodies.
- To receive the awards, permission must be granted to the R10 HTA committee and local Sections to promote and share the winning videos. The winning video should remain on public access for at least one year from the date of the announcement of winners.
Submissions Deadline: 6 Oct 2022
Register here: https://forms.gle/4XPpercEN8VhLykNA
Point of Contacts for further information and enquiries:
R10 Humanitarian Technology Committee Member:
Jigyasa Bharti – firstname.lastname@example.org
Saurabh Soni – email@example.com
Preethika Nallani – firstname.lastname@example.org